Friday, May 15, 2009

Holidays - Every Kid's One of the Most Desired!

I'm enjoying the holidays. They aren't everlasting, though - they'll end on June 15. Still, I've got a whole month to enjoy - and relax after my travel - them and just... you know indulge more time in my hobbies. Well, if I haven't already told you, and if you haven't already looked at my profile, I assume you don't know them. Reading and writing are the topmost, followed by reviewing and comparing similar things to find out their flaws comparatively. Yes, I'm going to have a great time these holidays. That's why they're every kid's one of the Most Desired! I certainly don't blame kids who like holidays. It's just natural.

So how am I passing the time? This question may be a bit strange, but sometimes I find it incredibly difficult to thoroughly enjoy a holiday day. In my mother tongue Hindi, I always bemoan: Mein Kya Karu? which translates in English as "What am I going to do?". Happily though, this time I haven't had yet one of those days. I'm enjoying every day to the full!

Reading is my - I think one of the - oldest hobby. I recall reading at the age of 5 or 6, short storybooks such as fables and suchlike. Then I recall moving up a bit during the ages of 8 or 9, but still I didn't know or read novels. It was only at the age of 10 that I came to know. My first of them were Enid Blyton's Famous Five and Secret Seven series: my first ever novel was Five on Kirrin Island Again. Then I recall proceeding to the AAdventure and Five Find-Outers and Dog Mystery series, and so on. Eventually I moved on to Hardy Boys and Harry Potter. But then, it wasn't the end. I continued searching for more authors, young adult and children's authors, and now have quite a few in my bookshelf!

As for writing, I'm now writing a humour novel, currently 7000 words long. Fingers crossed that by next year I'll have at least finished the first draft! :-)

And of course, I still go and play outside. A child's life is the BEST life!

No comments:

Post a Comment