Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Holidays Looming

Gosh, I haven't posted for a month! Well, I've just got say this - March has been a busy month. Our Final Exams started yesterday and I am exhausted by just two papers, yesterday and today. It will continue to 13th April. But after thirteen days of torment....

Holidays! And not just any one-day/two-day holiday either. It's a real holiday this time, of two whole months. Hurrah!

What will I do in the hols, I wonder? That's easy - reading, reading and reading. Oh, and discussing on the forums. And enjoying the freedom of it all. No school, no hard writing, no homework, no learning, no waking up at once and getting ready for school, no studying, can do what I like... phew, the list goes on!! That's why every kid loves holidays (I think even adults do.) They are necessary (for humans, that is.) Even some fictional characters have said it. The nicest word in the English Language, says Famous Five character Dick Kirrin, is holidays. And I can't help but agree.

But I'm careful for now, not to go daydreaming too much -- I'm not a daydreamer anyway, I am practical. There are still seven exams left: Science, English, Maths II, History Civics, Geography, Marathi and Drawing. After they are, I can sit and do everything what I like quite anytime. But till then, I have to be quiet... and of course, study as much as I can. I think the vocabulary for all the teachers at this time seem to stretch to only one word now: "study." I'm sick and tired of that word. All right, all right Miss, no need to repeat....

But thank God it's only two weeks more. And then...

Holidays!!!

Till then though, I must dash to Science and other subjects...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post on my blog :)
    Nice post on your blog too!
    We break up for holidays soon too aswell - the 3rd. And I'm counting the days by as I'm going to DisneyLand Paris for my birthday on the 9th till the 12th!
    Best Wishes,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete